Monday, August 13, 2012

Deep Sea Fishin'

We went on a chartered fishing trip with Aaron's co-workers this weekend to go fishing for lingcod and rock fish.  I knew that it was going to be rough waters, and that I do get sea sick.  I just didn't know how sea sick I could get.  I took all the precautions I could, but I still spent the 5 hour trip puking over the side of the boat.  It was pretty miserable, and I wish I could have enjoyed the whole thing a little more.  Aaron did catch two rock fish.  Luckily he grabbed this picture of his first catch, a black rock fish. 



Once we got back to shore and I felt human again, I managed to get these photos.  Men at the dock will fillet your fish for .50 a piece (worth every single penny and then some), and clean and cook the crabs for $1 a piece.  Our boat caught 153 crabs split between 16 or so people.  The man in red is filleting Aaron's fish. 




I am not a seafood fan, but we did batter the fish and make fish tacos and they were pretty tasty.  Recipe here.  I could not get behind the crab in any capacity.  I think Aaron is going to make me some California rolls with them, and I'll try them, but man they gross me out.  So what did we do with 20 crabs?  Spread them amongst our generous friends and family, and (one of us) enjoyed the process of catching them. 

No comments: