Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bad Luck

We had our first casualty last week. My favorite glass was broken. Unfortunately this glass exists no where else that can be found by the internet. Not even another image of one. I remember looking for more when we found this a year and a half ago. So readers, if you ever see another one of these, and you don't have to have it for yourself, please pick it (them) up for me! One side has a cow, the other says MILK across the top, 1888 across the bottom and there is a star in the middle.


Its former whole self:



Then two days ago I dropped one of our Blue Heaven dishes while washing it and did this:




What the heck? I hope this isn't one of those things that comes in threes. At least we can get more of these on Ebay. Which is good, because we use these dishes everyday.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sad!! I really hope you can find another glass--that one looked really need!

Amber said...

I will totally be on the lookout for you... There are a ton of sales on right now and I need to get out there! The problem with eBay is shipping. I've been trying to get more of our dishes and at least one always comes broken! Ugh. I'm still hoping to run into mine locally someday, since, like you, we use vintage dishes everyday.

P.S. Glad I got you a wooden bowl! ;)

sarah said...

OH NO! totally sad for you...
but i'm on the lookout too! we'll find you a new one...we've got expert thrifters on the case ;)